Enterprise Modelling and Information Systems Architectures - An International Journal (EMISA) is a scholarly peer-reviewed open access journal with a unique focus on novel and innovative conceptual modelling and enterprise modelling research and its applications.
‘Enterprise Models and Information Systems Architectures should be researched from different perspectives, angles, and backgrounds, with a multitude of theoretical and practical lenses and mindsets. We welcome and encourage a broad understanding of Enterprise Modelling research and intend to further its many different facets, theoretical foundation and experiential body of knowledge.’
Focus and Scope
EMISA targets researchers, practitioners and students with an interest in state-of-the-art conceptual and enterprise modelling research and its applications including the areas listed below. The journal publishes thoughtful, well developed articles on all facets of analysing, designing, investigating, evaluating and applying conceptual models, enterprise models, enterprise and information systems architectures, corresponding modelling languages and modelling methods, and is open to submissions from all scientific disciplines and fields. The editorial board imposes no restrictions regarding the research paradigm or research method, encourages multi- and transdisciplinary research contributions, and welcomes submissions from for-profit, nonprofit and government organisations in a dedicated ‘Experience Report’ section (Download Flyer, Poster).
The journal will address (but will not limit itself to) the following specific areas:
- Information Systems Design and Design Methods
- Information Systems Development Methods and Tools
- Business Process Management, Enterprise Architecture Management
- Enterprise Architectures, Information Systems Architectures
- General Purpose and Domain-Specific Modelling Languages
- Modelling Methods, Meta Modelling, Method Engineering
- Ontologies and Reference Models
- Analysis Patterns, Design Patterns, Architectural Patterns
- Analysis of Conceptual Models and Modelling Languages
- Evaluation and Quality of Conceptual Models, Architectures, and Languages
- Model-Driven Development, Models@run-time, Executable Models
- Software Tools for Conceptual and Enterprise Modelling, Business Process Management and Enterprise Architecture Management
EMISA is a publisher-independent journal, and is published by the German Informatics Society (GI) and is a publication of its SIG on Modelling Business Information Systems (SIG MoBIS) and its SIG on Design Methods for Information Systems (SIG EMISA).
Advantages of publishing in EMISA
- True Open Access (no author fees, no exclusive rights to publish)
- No limitation of length of submission (contact the editors-in-chief if >50 pages)
- Fast review cycles with constructive reviews (targeted at less than 3 months per cycle)
- International board of renowned editors
- Indexed by DBLP and EBSCO (further indexing in preparation)
- Ranked by VHB JourQual3, NSD in Norway
- Articles reachable via Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
- Long-time archiving with Private LOCKSS Network (PLN) by decentralized and distributed preservation
Submitting to EMISA
The editorial board invites submissions of the following four types: Original Research Contribution, Experience Report, Report on Tool and Tool Application and Reply to a Published Article (see Journal Sections). Manuscripts are prepared using a LaTeX package specific to the journal or by using any other text processing software (see Author Guidelines) and are submitted online. Follow the 'About' link for further information about the journal, and contact the editorial office in case of a question.
Vol 12 (2017)
Table of Contents
Michaela Baumann, Michael Heinrich Baumann, Stefan Schönig, Stefan Jablonski